Only original content can be monetized on YouTube. Examples of content that can be monetized are:
- New, artist-created songs with your beats (not remixes)
- How-to/instructional videos
- General background music on content created by the channel
Examples of content that cannot be monetized on YouTube:
- Remixes (including those containing 3rd party content (e.g. copyrighted lyrics))
- Video compilations from 3rd party platforms (e.g. videos from social media platforms like TikTok/Reddit/Instagram/etc.)
- Copyrighted content such as TV shows/movies
- Official copyrighted music/songs not created with your beat (e.g. adding your beat to the end of a copyrighted song)
- Video footage not owned by the video uploader
For a guide to what you can submit for monetization on YouTube, please click here.
Content ID is available to Platinum members only. If you have a free account, you can upgrade here.